Ingredients: Each capsule Antiox + contains:
- Grape marc extract powder (Vitis vinifera) — 150 mg
- Ginkgo Biloba — 26.5 mg
- Beta-carotene — 5 mg
- Vitamin E — 10 mg
- Vitamin C - 65 mg
- Zinc oxide - 15 mg
- Selenium - 50 mcg
- Ginkgo biloba leaves are the source of flavonoid glycosides and ginkgolides that produce a versatile effect on the body
- They activate peripheric circulation, improve the blood flow through tissues and organs, help to maintain normal blood pressure, prevent blood clot formation, accelerate regeneration processes in brain cells after strokes, enhance memory and mental performance
- Ginkgo biloba benefits the treatment of short-term memory loss, headache, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and depression by improving blood flow in the arteries and capillaries
- Ginkgo extract is also popularly used as a diet supplement and / or ginkgo biloba herbal remedy / medicine for the brain, legs, eyes, heart and ears
- Traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine use the ginkgo as an astringent for the heart, lungs, as well as to treat asthma, bronchitis, wheezing, cough, etc. The health and medicinal benefits of ginkgo biloba also include for regulating urinary frequency, diarrhea, gonorrhea, toothache, skin diseases, fever and other ailments, as well as being a digestive aid.
- Ginkgo biloba contains antioxidants - these chemical substances act upon free radicals and destroy them. Free radicals create a lot of damage to the human body and the extent of damage includes altering cell membranes and DNA structures and sometimes the damage can also result in death
- The medicinal and other benefits of ginkgo biloba are also reaped through its seeds, or nuts. Fresh and nutritious ginkgo seeds, the ginkgo "nut" have, for many years, been used in Chinese medicine for asthma, bronchitis, coughs with thick phlegm, urinary incontinence, and also as a digestive aid, etc.
- The cooked seeds are said to stabilize the production of sperm, while the raw seeds may have anticancer and counter-vinous activity
Grape marc extract powder
- The Grape marc extract powder made from seeds and skins of grapes. The main active ingredients of the extract are flavonoids, as well as a highly effective antioxidant -Resveratrol. These compounds have a wide spectrum of pharmacological activity,which is based on a pronounced antioxidant effect superior to that of ascorbicacid and vitamin E.
- Grape marc extract powder is inlcuded in Antiox+ to provide Proantocyanidin, one of the most active and beneficial flavonoids. Proantocyanidin is a well-known antioxidant that:
- helps strengthen capillary walls
- increase microcirculation
- relax muscles
- rid the body of heavy metal salts and radionuclides
- Extract of grape pomace also reduces inflammation in the gastrointestinal and urinary systems.
- Complexes of biologically active substances of the extract of grape pomaceeffectively neutralize free radicals. The extract of grape pomace is effective for preventing cardiovascular disease, including myocardial infarction, reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- The extract of grape pomace is effective in the treatment ofangiopathy, retinopathy, and inflammatory processes.
- Beta-carotene is a biological antioxidant. It protects cell membranes against the effects of free radicals.
- Beta-carotene is a predecessor of vitamin A («the growth vitamin»); it regulates the growth of bones and participates in the formation of optic pigments that are necessary for normal night and color vision.
- The body turns it into vitamin A, and beta carotene is sometimes added to foods or vitamin supplements as a nutrient. The same long chains of conjugated double bonds (alternating single and double bonds) that give the carotenes their colors are also the reason they make good anti-oxidants. The can mop up oxygen free radicals and dissipate their energy.
- Vitamin A and its analogs have shown the ability to help inhibit cancer cell proliferation and help in returning to normal growth patterns. Individuals with highest levels of beta-carotene intake have lower risks of lung cancer, coronary artery heart disease, stroke and age-related eye disease than individuals with lowest lvels of beta-carotene intake. Its inhibitory effects are especially potent against leukemia and certain head and neck cancers.
- Beta-carotene may have a role to play in staving off heart disease, apparently a function of its ability to keep harmful LDL cholesterol from damaging the heart and coronary arteries. Beta-carotene has been shown to have benefits to the immune system.
- Like all other carotenoids, beta-carotene is an antioxidant. Antioxidants are substances that help prevent or reduce the formation of damaging chemicals in the body called free radicals. Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene appears to protect the body from damaging molecules called free radicals. Free radicals cause damage to cells through a process known as oxidation, and over time, such damage can lead to a variety of chronic illnesses.
- Beta-carotene’s antioxidant actions make it valuable in protecting against, and in some cases even reversing, precancerous conditions affecting the breast, mucous membranes, throat, mouth, stomach, prostate, colon, cervix, and bladder.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) increases the body’s resistance to infectious diseases, regulates reductive-oxidative processes, carbohydrate exchange, blood coagulation and the regeneration of tissues. It possesses antioxidant qualities and helps reduce the risk of cancer.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects the eyes, heart, and circulatory systems against free radicals. Vitamin C is also believed to protect genetic information against harmful mutations.Ascorbic acid is required for collagen synthesis and has a structural role in bone, cartilage and teeth.
- Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals, which are by-products that result when our bodies transform food into energy. Vitamin C neutralizes potentially harmful reactions in the watery parts of the body, such as the blood and the fluid inside and surrounding cells.
- Vitamin C may help decrease total and LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, as well as increase HDL levels.
- Vitamin C’s antioxidant activity may be helpful in the prevention of some cancers and cardiovascular disease.
- The antioxidant properties of vitamin C are thought to protect smokers, as well as people exposed to secondhand smoke, from the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Vitamin C strengthens the collagen structure of arteries, lowers total cholesterol, and blood pressure, an inhibits platelet aggregation.
- Vitamin C may protect against heart disease by reducing the stiffness of arteries and the tendency of platelets to clump together.
- Vitamin C may have cancer-preventive activity, at least for certain types of cancer. As a powerful antioxidant, vitamin C may help to fight cancer by protecting healthy cells from free-radical damage and inhibiting the proliferation of cancerous cells.
- Vitamin C may be useful as an immune stimulator and modulator in some circumstances. Vitamin C promotes resistance to infection through the immunologic activity of leukocytes, the production of interferon, and the process of inflammatory reaction, or the integrity of the mucous membranes. Vitamin C stimulates the immune system.
- The most important function of vitamin E is to maintain the integrity of the body’s intracellular membrane by protecting its physical stability and providing a defense line against tissue damage caused by oxidation. Vitamin E is protective because it helps reduce oxidation of lipid membranes and the unsaturated fatty acids and prevents the breakdown of other nutrients by oxygen.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that prevents free radical damage in biological membranes. Free radicals can cause cell damage that may contribute to the development of cardiovascular disease and cancer. Vitamin E has an effect on several enzyme activities and membrane properties. It is involved in the regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and protein kinase C activity. Vitamin E as an antioxidant helps to stabilize cell membranes and protect the tissues of the skin, eyes, liver, breast, and testes, which are more sensitive to oxidation.
- Vitamin E helps protect against heart disease by limiting the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol. Vitamin E helps prevent oxidation of lipoproteins, particularly in smokers, and reduces the stickiness of platelets in the bloodstream. Vitamin E also keeps arteries flexible and elastic, allowing blood to flow freely. Vitamin E helps prevent arteries from clogging by blocking the conversion of cholesterol into the waxy fat deposits called plaque that stick to blood vessel walls. Vitamin E also thins the blood, allowing for blood to flow more easily through arteries even when plaque is present. Vitamin E also may help prevent the formation of blood clots, which could lead to a heart attack. Vitamin C and vitamin E, taken in combination, help to stabilise LDL cholesterol in the body. This may help to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Some cancers are believed to result from oxidative damage to DNA caused by free radicals. Free radicals can damage DNA, leading to mutations in cells that may cause cancer. Antioxidants such as vitamin E help protect against the damaging effects of free radicals. The vitamin may also help fight cancer by boosting the immune system. Vitamin E may protect against the development of cancers by enhancing immune function. Some evidence associates higher intake of vitamin E with a decreased incidence of prostate cancer and breast cancer. Cigarette smokers have a higher risk of developing cancers of the mouth, upper airways and lungs, and vitamin E may help protect smokers against these cancers through its antioxidant properties.
- Because of it’s antioxidant action, vitamin E may help to protect against cataracts and age related macular degeneration. Cataracts are growths on the lens of the eye that cloud vision. They increase the risk of disability and blindness in aging adults. Lens clarity, which is used to diagnose cataracts, is better in regular users of vitamin E supplements and in persons with higher blood levels of vitamin E. Uveitis is another eye disorder for which the antioxidant vitamins C and E may be helpful. Uveitis is inflammation of the uvea, the middle layer of the eye between the sclera and the retina.
- Alzheimer’s disease is a wasting disease of the brain. Oxidative stress is believed to contribute to the development of Alzheimer’s disease. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that prevents free radical damage in biological membranes. Vitamin E supplementation improves cognitive performance in healthy individuals and in those with dementia from causes other than Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, vitamin E, together with vitamin C may prevent the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Zinc supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence. It stimulates the activity of approximately 100 enzymes that promote biochemical reactions in the body. Zinc supports a healthy immune system, is needed for wound healing, helps maintain the sense of taste and smell and is needed for DNA synthesis. Zinc plays an important role in the hormonal functions in the body. It affects the production and functioning of insulin,and thus the entire spectrum of insulin-dependent processes.
- In men, zinc is involved in the synthesis of testosterone and functioning of sex glands, there is a relationship between the level of zinc in the body and potency.Zinc regulates the level of metabolites of testosterone — dihydrotestosterone, which causes an excess of prostate hyperplasia. Zinc is an essential factor for the female body, as part of the structure of the receptors for estrogen, thus regulating all estrogen-dependent processes.
- Zinc is vital for the functioning of the thymus and the normal state of the immune system. Zinc with vitamin A (vitamin C) prevents the formation of immune deficiencies, stimulating the synthesis of antibodies, and providing antiviral effect. Zinc has a wound-healing and yazvozazhivlyayuschim action, the processes involved in perception of taste and smell, is essential for the functioning of the central nervous system, including the processes of remembering.
- Selenium is a synergist of vitamin E and promotes its antioxidant activity. Selenium deficiency leads to weakening of the antioxidant status, anticarcinogenic protection, causes myocardial, impaired sexual function, immune deficiency
- As well as selenium exhibits antimutagenic, antiteratogenny, radioprotector effect, stimulates the antitoxic protection, normalizes exchange of nucleic acids and proteins, improves fertility, normalizes exchange of eicosanoid, regulates the function of the thyroid gland and pancreas. In view of the above applies to selenium geroprotectors
- Selenium has many functions, is extremely important for normal functioning of the internal organs, protein synthesis, defense against toxic substances entering the human body
- This trace mineral is extremely necessary to maintain male reproductive function of the body, has a significant effect on the eyes, skin conditions, is involved in metabolism
- Selenium increases our resistance to adverse environmental conditions, viruses, thus protecting us from various diseases. Selenium is required for heart muscle and blood vessels